Thanks to Lobster Anywhere for providing lots of delicious lobster for this post. All opinions remain my own.
Its almost May, so it’s definitely time to talk tacos! Funnily enough, I was tweaking some older posts recently and came across my salmon tacos. In that I wrote about how tacos weren’t something we had often, which has definitely changed since. Now we have pork carnitas with tomatillo salsa verde every week or so, or else some other variation. Since it’s starting to warm up (sort of), and with cinco de Mayo coming up, I decided it was time to try a new, lighter taco and these lobster tacos were the perfect choice.
If you’re a regular, you might know our family has a bit of a thing about lobster. Nots surprising, really, since it’s so good and we live in New England. We’re incredibly lucky living near where lobsters are caught, but I know many are not in that position. So I was really happy to partner with Lobster Anywhere for this post since they help to bridge that gap. As you might have guessed by the name, they deliver live and frozen lobsters just about anywhere in the US. Here I’ve used their cooked lobster meat since it’s so quick and easy, but you could also grill a tail or two. I know I’ll be grilling some of their tails soon and serve with some tasty sides like my caprese quinoa salad or grilled nectarine and arugula salad.
How they’re made
Back to these lobster tacos. Using cooked lobster, these are super quick to make up as you just want to very lightly warm the lobster in the pan. Lobster does not do well with being overcooked, so it pretty much needs to see the pan and that’s it. So get everything else ready first, warm the lobster in the garlicy oil and make up your tacos.
I’ve used the sprout slaw I put with my sweet potato tacos, some guacamole and made some mango habanero sauce (which I’ll be sharing the recipe for soon), but you can use whatever sauce you prefer. I liked the sweet spice of the mango habanero to complement the lobster – if you want to avoid something as spicy, why not try my mango jicama slaw or avocado-mango salsa in my Cuban quinoa bowls instead.
Lobster tacos make such a delicious quick meal, perfect for Taco Tuesday or any excuse. They are light but filling, and a great way to make the slight indulgence of lobster go further in a really tasty way. I for one can’t wait to make them again soon.
- 5oz (or 6) Brussels sprouts
- 3tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2tbsp lime juice
- ½tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½lb/450g cooked lobster meat
- ¼tsp cumin
- 6 small-sized tacos (corn or wheat, as you prefer)
- mango habanero sauce
- First make the slaw - chop the ends off the Brussels sprouts and peel off the outer layer. Cut in half lengthwise then thinly slice. Mix the sliced Brussels sprouts with the cilantro and lime juice and set aside.
- Make the guacamole, if making your own, before warming the lobster.
- Warm the oil in a small skillet over a medium-low heat. Finely chop the garlic. Add the garlic to the pan and cook a minute to soften but not brown then add the lobster and cumin, stir and warm through. Don't leave it on the heat any more than about a minute.
- Make up the tacos with a good scoop of the slaw, some guacamole and lobster and a little mango habanero drizzled on top.