Whether you’re looking for a tasty brunch or easy lunch/dinner, this bacon lobster omelette is easy to make but feels a little indulgent and special.
I know the big tradition for Valentine’s Day is to have a special dinner, but in many ways I think I would just as happily (if not more so) enjoy a nice brunch. Or else breakfast-for-dinner, of course, which is always a great option.
Either way, you can make it special with this bacon lobster omelette. It’s easy to make, full of fantastic flavor and that bit indulgent, without breaking the bank. I’m sharing it along with other bloggers sharing ideas for Valentine’s day – see more below.
I don’t think it’s just me, but more and more people seem to be going down the breakfast for dinner route. I can understand, there’s something wonderfully comforting about many breakfast dishes that makes them worth enjoying at other times as well.
Omelettes, frittatas or Spanish tortillas are definitely something I think works for pretty much any meal and this bacon lobster omelette is one I could eat any time. You can enjoy it as it is, or serve it with a side salad or veggies.
How it’s made
This bacon lobster omelette is easy to make and not too different from most omelettes. You start by cooking the bacon which will take a few minutes (at least if you want it to start crisping, as I’d recommend). Add the onion part way through so it can soften and gently brown. Then add in the other filling ingredients, pour over the beaten egg-milk mixture and then top with a little cheese. I’d suggest finishing it off under the broiler/grill rather than attempting to flip it over.
With a tasty balance of smoky bacon, delicate lobster and fresh parsley and tomato, this bacon lobster omelette is a delicious mix. It has plenty of flavor but freshness as well. Whatever meal you serve it for, it’s bound to be enjoyed.
Try these other deliciously eggy brunch recipes:
- Eggs Royale (smoked salmon eggs Benedict)
- Menemen (Turkish scrambled eggs)
- Baked eggs with mushrooms and asparagus
- Shakshuka with meat
- Plus get more breakfast and brunch recipes in the archives.
Bacon lobster omelette
- 5 oz bacon 140g
- 1/4 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 lobster tail approx 2oz/65g peeled weight
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Slice the bacon and dice the onion and tomato.
- Warm a medium skillet/frying pan over a medium heat and add the bacon. After a minute it will start to release some fat - at this point, add the onion. Cook for a few minutes, stirring now and then, so that the onion softens and the bacon crisps slightly.
- Meanwhile, break up the lobster, chop the parsley and grate the parmesan. Whisk together the eggs and milk, along with a little salt and pepper.
- Once the onions and bacon have coked enough, add the tomato, lobster, parsley and parmesan on top, all scattered evenly. Carefully pour over the egg mixture and reduce the heat a little. Meanwhile, warm the broiler/grill.
- Cook the omelette a couple minutes until you can see the egg has cooked around the sides. Put under the broiler/grill, watching carefully, to cook across the top. It should be cooked through and only slightly browned, if at all.
- Serve either as it is or with salad or other vegetables as you prefer.
Try these other ideas for Valentine’s Day food:
Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Pan Seared Steaks with Homemade Steak Sauce by A Palatable Pastime
Red Velvet Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting by The Chef Next Door
Sour Cherry Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Surprise Inside Baked Chocolate Pudding by Cooking With Carlee
Sweetheart Strawberry Galette by Red Cottage Chronicles
Remember to pin for later!