Israeli and Middle Eastern food covers the Eastern Mediterranean Levantine region and into the true Middle East. Many dishes are found across the region, but there are local favorites and variations as well.
Here you'll find a selection of many of the delicious fresh flavors of the region including these classics.
- Muhamarra (red pepper and walnut)
- Baba ghanoush (eggplant)
- Hummus with lamb (the classic chickpea tahini dip topped with flavorful lamb)
- Israeli salad (similar to salad shirazi and other names, a simple tomato cucumber salad)
- Kisir (Turkish bulgur salad)
- Lamb kofte (flavorful ground lamb on a stick!)