Crab pasta is incredibly quick and easy, but also wonderfully fresh, delicately flavored and thoroughly delicious. A great quick meal.
It’s no overstatement to say this is one of the simplest and quickest meals you can imagine. Plus better yet, it’s also incredibly tasty. Today’s Sunday Supper theme is ‘five ingredients or less’ and I could think of no more perfectly fitting a main dish as this delicious crab pasta.
Made simply of pasta, crabmeat, garlic, parsley, olive oil (or butter/ a combination) and optional red pepper flakes, it’s simple and delicately flavored, but makes a great meal.
OK, I know that the red pepper knocks it into six ingredients, but it’s kind of a condiment so don’t know that it counts. For me, it’s worth making an exception for the nice little kick it gives.
Crab meat or dressed crab?
We used to make this crab pasta when we lived in London and would get dressed crab from our local farmer’s market. I do like making it with dressed crab rather than just the white crab meat if you can get it, as the brown meat has a lot of flavor that is really great in there as well.
Dressed crab also has that bit more ‘glue’ to stick to the pasta which works well, but either way is still really tasty. Here we used fresh crabmeat from our local fish market, but canned/tinned would also be fine.
How to make crab pasta
It is, as I say, incredibly quick to make.
- Set the pasta to cook;
- Cut up the parsley and garlic while you are waiting;
- Drain the pasta;
- Gently cook the garlic in the oil/butter (I use the pan the pasta was in since it’s already warm);
- Mix everything together.
It’s super easy and ready in about 10 minutes flat. It’s a very fresh-tasting dish with delicate flavors, that’s perfect for this time of year. The red pepper flakes do add that little bit of heat/bite but as long as you don’t put on too much, it doesn’t take over and works really well.
I’ve said this recipe does 2-4 people as it will depend on your appetites – we seem to be gluttons compared to a lot of recipes I see and so we managed this between two of us. But I understand it would do three or four more normal people 🙂
Crab pasta is so easy and delicious, it’s definitely one to add into your meal plan for a night when you don’t have all that much time, but still want something tasty and homemade. It’s definitely going to be something we have again soon.
Remember to pin this for later.
- 8 oz pasta 225g, recommend wholewheat spaghetti/thin spaghetti or linguini
- 8 oz crabmeat 225g, or one large dressed crab
- 1 handful parsley small
- 1 clove garlic or 2, depending on size (or more to taste - this isn't that strong)
- 3 tbsp olive oil approx, or butter/a mixture
- a couple shakes of red pepper flakes optional
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions - would recommend slightly al dente.
- Meanwhile, remove the leaves from the parsley and roughly chop, and peel and finely dice the garlic.
- Drain the pasta and dry the pan then add 2 tbsp olive oil (or 1tbsp each of butter and oil) and cook the garlic for a minute until you can see it is softening but not browning.
- Remove pan from the heat and add back the pasta, add the parsley and crab and a bit more oil and mix everything so the garlic, crab and parley are well distributed through the pasta. Add a little more oil if needed to loosen it.
- Serve with a little red pepper flakes sprinkled on top (optionally).
Try these other easy pasta dishes:
See what else you can make with five or less ingredients:
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking (you’re here!)
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Remember to pin for later!