Cranberry sangria is the perfect seasonal cocktail to add to your festivities. Easy to make and great for making ahead, it'll be a staple for any occasion.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
I don't know about you, but I have a habit of focusing on the main meal when we are entertaining and neglecting something else. Sometimes it's desserts (since we're less of a sweet tooth, on the whole) and other times it's drinks. But I am trying to get better!
With drinks, I think my challenge is that I always assume I can't really prepare ahead and that they will somehow just sort themselves out. But ideas like this Cranberry Sangria are a great way to get organized and give everyone something tasty to enjoy as well. And the handy tools from OXO really make things easier as well.
You might have seen me share some of the many dishes and drinks I grew to love from my time in Spain, and sangria is definitely one of them. Sangria makes a great signature drink for a party as it's ideal to make by the pitcher, is relatively light and can be prepared ahead.
I've shared my cava sangria and white sangria which are both great in the summer, but this Cranberry Sangria is the perfect fit at this time of year. It's bright with festive flavors and is easy to enjoy.
I've made use of some great OXO products to make it, like their No-Spill Ice Cube Tray and Citrus Juicer. I love using OXO tools and gadgets in lots of my cooking as I find them so well thought through in how they work.
See the ice cube tray above as an example - the silicone cover avoids spills and stops smells getting in while in the freezer. Then, pop it underneath the tray to avoid slipping as you use the ice. The rounded bottom makes the ice cubes pop out really easily as well.
Then, OXO’s Steel Angled Jigger lets you see the measurement without needing to get at eye level with the measure (just like their measuring jug which I use daily for our banana oatmeal).
The Spinning Bar Spoon not only has a sleek handle, it spins to just the right angle without you having to move your grip to make cocktails like a pro. You can find out more about all of their barware line here.
Bar setup ideas for a party
This sangria is perfect to serve if you are entertaining, and here are a few more ideas:
- Sure if you want to man the bar, go ahead, but self serve lets everyone enjoy the party. A well-stocked drinks table makes this easy.
- Give people choices, including at least a few non-alcoholic options. A mocktail would be a great touch.
- Include a pitcher of a signature cocktail, like this Cranberry Sangria, to help people easily get started.
- Set out bottles at the back so they don't get knocked but are easy to access.
- Have a few different types of glasses, some cut fruit and ice on the side.
- Include a Steel Angled Jigger or two to make things easier (to measure).
- Why not leave out some simple cocktail recipe cards to bring out everyone's inner mixologist?!
With just a little bit of preparation, and some good tools, it's easy to make your drinks station stress free and easy to use. And that means you have plenty of time to enjoy the party, and your own glass of Cranberry Sangria as well.
Try these other cocktails perfect for fall/winter:
- Warm cranberry cocktail
- Gluhwein (German mulled wine)
- Cranberry whiskey sour
- Pomegranate mojito
- Plus get many more cocktail recipes in the archives.
- 1 orange
- ½ apple
- 1 bottle red wine 750ml
- 3 cups cranberry juice 720ml
- ¾ cup apple cider 180ml
- 2 oz triple sec 60ml
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut the apple and orange into thin slices and put in a pitcher. Add the wine, cranberry juice, apple cider, triple sec and lemon juice and stir to mix. Chill until needed then serve over ice, with a few pieces of fruit in each glass.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of OXO.