If you have the grill all fired up already for dinner, don’t rush to turn it off or let it burn out. You can make some great, easy desserts on the grill and these grilled peaches with mascarpone are definitely one of them. Incredibly quick and easy to make, and packed with peachy flavor. They’re the perfect summertime dessert.
We don’t actually have dessert that often in our house, mainly as we are not massively sweet toothed. Well, the boys are a bit and me now and then, but I’d rather hold back on the kids getting too much sugar at this point. The other reason is time. By the time we might consider dessert, I just can’t quite be bothered to make something.
Many desserts you see on this site (like the strawberry rhubarb crisp I shared recently) were actually made during the day mainly to share here. Others are make ahead (like my banana baked cheesecake, sour cream apple cake and ostkaka – Swedish cheesecake). Plus, I made them to share with friends anyway. Instead, the boys more commonly have a date as dessert (a great habit to get into by the way) or now and then a smoothie (even better). And I might sneak in a bit of ice cream after they’ve gone to bed (less good, I know).
These grilled peaches might have to happen a bit more often, though. They take literally a few minutes to make and the grilling makes all the difference. It softens up the flesh and gives it a slight caramelization. Then, there’s the mascarpone with a little maple syrup in there. I love mascarpone anyway, but the maple gives it such a great flavor that goes perfectly.
Tips for perfect grilled peaches
Since there’s so little to these, there’s only a couple tips I’d suggest.
- You are best to use just ripe peaches as very ripe ones may disintegrate with cooking.
- Don’t try to move them around too much or they really will fall apart. Just carefully use a flat spatula-type tool to check one when they seem to be sizzling slightly and are probably ready.
- You can grill both sides, but they will obviously become a lot softer if you do.
Deliciously squishy on top with that hint of grilling flavor, and full of great peach flavor. Then the wonderfully smooth, gently sweet mascarpone rounding them off, grilled peaches are such a great summery dessert. Definitely worth the few minutes to make them.
Grilled peaches with mascarpone
- 3 peaches
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- a few mint leaves to garnish
- Heat up the grill while you get things prepared. Split the peaches in half carefully along the 'join' line, twisting the two halves to open them. Remove the stone. Brush with a little oil on the cut side.
- Mix together the mascarpone and maple syrup.
- Grill the peaches cut side down for a couple minutes until you can see they are softening slightly around the side and you'll see grill marks when you turn them. Lift them carefully from the grill as they will soften. You can grill the skin side as well, if you like - it will make them softer.
- Serve topped with the maple mascarpone and garnished with mint.
Try these other easy, no-bake desserts:
See all the other grilling recipes being shared today:
Best Burgers and Sandwiches
- Barbecue Rib Burgers with Low Carb Sauce by My Life Cookbook
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Burgers by Simple and Savory
- Guava-Ale BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich by Gourmet Everyday
- Turkapple Burgers with Yumback Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Grill Master Mains
- Grilled Red Snapper with Cilantro and Onion Stuffing by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Homemade Coleslaw by A Mind Full Mom
Mop Worthy Sauces
- Blueberry Sriracha Barbecue Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade “End of Season” Ketchup by What Smells So Good?
Searing Starters and Sides
- Campfire Corn and Tomatoes by Cricket’s Confections
- Grilled Lime Beer Ritas with Smoky Lime Salt by Our Good Life
- Honey Chipotle BBQ Wings by Soulfully Made
- Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce by Asian In America
- All-American Pie Shooter Trio by The Crumby Cupcake
- Flourless Fudge Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking (you’re here!)
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini No Bake Coconut Cheescakes by Jonesin’ For Taste
Remember to pin for later!