Quick to make, with a tasty mix of sweet crumbs, citrusy mascarpone & fruit puree, these lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters are a great single serve dessert.
I’m going through a bit of a mascarpone-loving phase at the moment. In fairness, I’ve always loved it but I just haven’t had it in a while until recently. Between these jars of delight and my grilled peaches with mascarpone, it’s making its way in to many of our easy summer desserts.
If you’re ever feeling like either a smaller dessert, or you want to make lots of individual desserts for a party to save having to cut slices etc, these are for you. In fact even if you just want to make something quickly, these are perfect. Pretty, tasty and so easy to make.
I’ve made a larger lime mascarpone cheesecake in some form or another for years, and it’s a firm favorite in our house. We’re not hugely sweet-toothed but we love citrus flavors. Mascarpone has such a wonderfully smooth texture that works so well in desserts. It’s a little lighter than using say cream cheese and personally I prefer the flavor.
No bake cheesecake really lends itself to mini or individual versions as there’s no real difference in making little scoops or spreading it out. In fact I tend to think small is better. These lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters have a lovely balance of crunchy crumb base, smooth gently limey mascarpone and fruity topping. I love that you can make a small quantity easily, so they’re perfect for when you don’t need a whole cheesecake (even if you could manage to get through it, but then regret it!).
How to make lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters
All you do is:
- Warm the blueberries with a little water to make a quick compote/jam then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, crush up the ginger snaps for the base, then put them in the bottom of your glasses.
- Mix together the mascarpone, lime juice and zest and the maple syrup and put on top of the crumbs.
- Top with the blueberry compote and that’s it.
See just how easy it is to make in this short video:
These lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters are so quick and easy to make, and the perfect single-serving dessert. Dig in for a delicious spoonful of sweet crunchy crumbs, smooth citrus mascarpone and fruitiness on top. It’s a great combination, and would be perfect for a party dessert table. No one needs to know they took only a couple minutes to make.
Want more mini cheesecake ideas? Try these:
- Berry phyllo cups with lemon cheesecake cream
- Mango cheesecake parfait
- These strawberry daiquiri cheesecake parfaits from Inside Brew Crew Life sound fun too.
- Plus get more dessert ideas in the dessert recipes archives.
Lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters
- 1/4 cup blueberries 35g
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 2 gingersnap cookies/biscuits 20g
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese 120ml
- juice (approx 2tbsp) and zest of 1/2 small lime
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Put the blueberries and water in a small pan and warm over a medium-low heat until the berries start to sizzle. Gently press the berries to pop them and cook a little longer until the compote is pretty smooth. Add a little sugar, if you prefer sweeter, and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the cookies either in a small food processor or by putting in a plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin or wooden spoon. Divide the crumbs between two small glasses.
- Mix together the mascarpone, lime zest and juice and maple syrup. Put on top of the crumbs, carefully spreading over from the middle so the crumbs stay at the bottom. Divide the mascarpone mixture evenly.
- Put the blueberry compote on top and either serve or cover with cling wrap/film and refrigerate until needed.
Remember to pin for later!