Quick to make, with a tasty mix of sweet crumbs, citrusy mascarpone & fruit puree, these lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters are a great single serve dessert.
I’m going through a bit of a mascarpone-loving phase at the moment. In fairness, I’ve always loved it but I just haven’t had it in a while until recently. It will be appearing in another dish soon, but first these lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters. If you’re ever feeling like either a smaller dessert, or you want to make lots of individual desserts for a party to save having to cut slices etc, these are for you. In fact even if you just want to make something quickly, these are perfect. Pretty, tasty and so easy to make.
I’ve made a larger lime mascarpone cheesecake in some form or another for years, and it’s a firm favorite in our house. We’re not hugely sweet-toothed but we love citrus flavors. Mascarpone has such a wonderfully smooth texture that works so well in desserts. It’s a little lighter than using say cream cheese and personally I prefer the flavor.
No bake cheesecake really lends itself to mini versions (like my berry phyllo cups with lemon cheesecake cream). Since we were talking small bites for Sunday Supper today, it seemed the perfect excuse to make another version. These lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters have a lovely balance of crunchy crumb base, smooth gently limey mascarpone and fruity topping. I love that you can make a small quantity easily, so they’re perfect for when you don’t need a whole cheesecake (even if you could manage to get through it, but then regret it!).
How they’re made
All you do is warm the blueberries with a little water to make a quick compote/jam then leave to cool. Meanwhile, crush up the ginger snaps for the base, then put them in the bottom of your glasses. Mix together the mascarpone, lime juice and zest and the maple syrup and put on top of the crumbs. Top with the blueberry compote and that’s it.
See just how easy it is to make in this short video:
These lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters are so quick and easy to make, and the perfect single-serving dessert. Dig in for a delicious spoonful of sweet crunchy crumbs, smooth citrus mascarpone and fruitiness on top. It’s a great combination, and would be perfect for a party dessert table. No one needs to know they took only a couple minutes to make.
Lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters
- 1/4 cup blueberries 35g
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 2 gingersnap cookies/biscuits 20g
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese 120ml
- juice (approx 2tbsp) and zest of 1/2 small lime
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Put the blueberries and water in a small pan and warm over a medium-low heat until the berries start to sizzle. Gently press the berries to pop them and cook a little longer until the compote is pretty smooth. Add a little sugar, if you prefer sweeter, and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the cookies either in a small food processor or by putting in a plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin or wooden spoon. Divide the crumbs between two small glasses.
- Mix together the mascarpone, lime zest and juice and maple syrup. Put on top of the crumbs, carefully spreading over from the middle so the crumbs stay at the bottom. Divide the mascarpone mixture evenly.
- Put the blueberry compote on top and either serve or cover with cling wrap/film and refrigerate until needed.
Try these other no bake desserts:
See all the small plates being shared today:
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking (you’re here!)
Remember to pin for later!