If you feel like cheesecake, but don't have time or want a huge one to get through, this mango cheesecake parfait is perfect. Just a short list of ingredients and a few minutes is all you need for dessert deliciousness.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
I've mentioned before that we don't have dessert all that often, but we are big fruit fans. Now and then, I do like to make a bit of a treat, and so fruity was the natural choice.
This was one everyone loved instantly. Sweet mango puree, creamy cheesecake mixture and crunchy cookie crumbs is a combination no one can resist.
I've loved mango for years and both of the boys have gone in and out on liking them. Thankfully now they are both fans and so we do like to snack on then some afternoons. These cheesecake parfaits use mango's wonderfully aromatic sweetness as a puree both in the cheesecake mixture and between layers.
These parfaits are loosely based on a few other easy no-bake desserts I have made before that you might also like to give a try - my lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters and berry phyllo cups with lemon cheesecake cream use a similar basic idea.
But I have to say, the mango puree in these for me really makes them special and everyone else seemed to agree, even my largely non-dessert eating husband.
How to make a mango cheesecake parfait
These are really easy to make as there's only three components:
- cookie crumbs - I used crushed ginger snaps, as ginger and mango go really well, but you could also use graham crackers or other plain cookies.
- mango puree - simply cut ripe mango from the stone, remove skin and blitz it up (or use ready-cut chunks to speed things up).
- cheesecake mixture - here I've used neufchâtel as that's what I had, and it's a little healthier than cream cheese but use as you prefer.
I added some of the mango puree into the cheesecake mixture to add a little of the flavor. Then you just need to layer them up and chill until ready to serve.
This mango cheesecake parfait was an instant hit in our house - a delicious, easy combination of fruity, creamy and a little crunch. Try them and they'll be loved in your house too.
Try these other no bake desserts:
- Strawberry tiramisu
- Peach panna cotta
- Crema Catalana (the Spanish equivalent of creme brulee)
- Brazilian passion fruit mousse (super easy, with no eggs)
- Plus get more inspiration in the dessert recipes archives.
Mango cheesecake parfait
- ¾ cup mango puree approx 1 yellow mango
- ⅓ cup heavy cream 80ml double cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 oz neufchatel cheese 115g, or cream cheese
- 2 ½ oz ginger snap cookies 70g
- If using a fresh mango, as I'd recommend, cut down both sides just to the side of the central stone and remove the skin from the flesh. Puree the flesh in a blender or small food processor.
- Mix together the cream, sugar, neufchatel cheese and 2 tablespoon of the mango puree. You can use a hand mixer or small food processor.
- Crush the cookies into crumbs then take two medium-sized glasses and put approximately ¼ of the cookie crumbs in the bottom of each glass. Top with approx ¼ of the cheesecake mixture then ¼ of the mango puree. Repeat, then serve or refrigerate until needed.
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline's Cooking Amazon store.