Parmesan popcorn with lemon & thyme is a tasty twist on your regular savory popcorn. Yummy but not overpowering, it’s quick and easy to make. A great snack.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
When this month’s Foodie Extravaganza theme was announced as popcorn, I admit my heart initially sank. Don’t get me wrong, I love popcorn but I’m a bit of a purist. I love to make my own at home in a pan and east it just as it is. No butter, no salt, and definitely not sweet.
Then I figured I’ve never let a challenge pass me by yet, so this shouldn’t be any different. After a bit of thought I came up with this parmesan popcorn with lemon and thyme. And all I can say was it left me with one thought: why have I not made parmesan popcorn before?!
I know cheesy popcorn is not exactly a new thing, not that I ever really had it. A friend would always make popcorn with nutritional yeast as a slightly healthier substitute and I didn’t mind that. Having now made parmesan popcorn, though, I might be converted.
At least with parmesan. Even my son already appreciates parmesan makes everything better, and apparently that goes for popcorn as well.
How it’s made
It’s really quick and easy to make, as all you do is make the popcorn on the stove, then add everything else to it. Toss and serve. The lemon and thyme flavors are very subtle and just help to give it a little fresh brightness. The parmesan gives a nice balance of cheesy flavor and slight saltiness.
Whether you’re typically a purist like me, or like variety in your popcorn, you need to give this parmesan popcorn with lemon and thyme a try. A delicious mix of savory flavors, it’s the perfect quick, easy and pretty healthy snack.
Try these other easy snacks:
- Carrot cake energy bites
- No bake chocolate cashew bars
- Fruity chewy granola bars
- Plus get more snack recipes, both sweet and savory, in the archives.
Parmesan popcorn with lemon and thyme
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup parmesan finely grated
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest finely grated
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Put the oil and popcorn kernels in a medium-sized pot with a lid. Cover and warm on a medium heat, giving a slight shake to move the kernels around now and then. Cook until you hear the popcorn pop, reduce the heat a little to try to avoid it burning, and remove from the heat as it seems to be stopping.
- Toss the warm popcorn with the parmesan, lemon zest and thyme and serve.
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline’s Cooking Amazon store.
POP on Over to These Posts…
Kirsten’s Popped Corn Crack by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pepperoni Pizza Popcorn by Food Lust People Love
- Popcorn Cornbread by Palatable Pastime
- Popcorn Pairings (Yes, With Wine) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spicy Za’atar Popcorn by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Popcorn by Hardly A Goddess
- White Chocolate Popcorn by Sneha’s Recipe
Remember to pin for later!