Smooth and creamy, with a delicate peach flavor, peach panna cotta is such a great summer dessert. It takes just a minute to prepare, it's made ahead and there's no heating up the kitchen. All you need now is an excuse to make it.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
I love peach season. I have always been a big fruit fan in general, but there's something about enjoying fruits that are much more seasonal, they seem that bit more special, and peaches/nectarines are one of them.
This year I've enjoyed some simple grilled peaches with mascarpone and I'm hoping to make a grilled nectarine salad soon too. If I'm feeling adventurous I might make the peach and pistachio tart I made before and loved.
I haven't made panna cotta in forever, but I was reminded about it recently and it sparked me into thinking I should make it again: making a peach panna cotta seemed the perfect easy, slightly summery, dessert to try.
What is panna cotta?
Panna cotta is a simple Italian dessert where essentially you set a cream-milk mixture with gelatin. Normally it's simply flavored with vanilla, but you can sometimes get chocolate or other flavors too.
How to make peach panna cotta
This is a really easy dessert to make as all you do is blend up the peach, let the gelatin bloom on the milk then warm it so it dissolves. Add everything else in and mix then pour it into small dishes and chill until set.
I've used fresh white peaches since I love the flavor, but you can use yellow ones as well, or even tinned or frozen if out of season.
Serving this dessert
I've topped this with some passion fruit as I think the aromatic flavor goes really well (and it looks pretty), but you could also serve this with some fruit slices or puree. One of the great things about this is you need to make it ahead anyway, so it's perfect for serving a group as there is minimal effort at the time.
I've taken them out of the moulds to serve but you don't have to, of course - you can leave them in the dishes you set them in as well.
Smooth and creamy, with a gentle fruity flavor, peach panna cotta is a great dessert for summer. And since it's so quick to make and is made ahead, it's great for entertaining too. Or just because.
Try these other no bake desserts:
- Lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters
- Berry phyllo cups with lemon cheesecake cream
- Brazilian corn pudding
- Crema Catalana
- Strawberry mousse
- Plus get more dessert recipes in the archives.
Peach panna cotta
- ⅓ cup milk 80ml
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- ⅓ cup cream 80ml
- ⅓ cup peach puree 80ml, approx 1 large peach
- 4 teaspoon maple syrup or honey (1tbsp plus 1tsp)
- Put the milk in a small pan and add the gelatin. Leave approx 5min (as you prepare peach and dishes) to 'bloom' - you will see it form a layer on top then this thins out as it dissolves.
- If using fresh peaches, peel and stone then first, then put the peach in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Lightly oil 2 ramekins/custard dishes (4-6oz size).
- Gently warm the milk and ensure the gelatin dissolves, around 3 minutes - test by putting a spoon in and seeing if you can see any lumps, there should be none.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream, peach and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Pour into the ramekins/custard dishes and chill for at least 2hrs, 4+ or overnight if you want to remove from dishes.
- To remove from the dish, if you want to, sit the dish in a bowl of hot water for a minute then ease the top edge away with a knife before inverting on a plate (if the plate is damp, you can slide it to reposition if you need to).
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline's Cooking Amazon store.
See all the other peach recipes being shared for today's Foodie Extravaganza:
- Honey Peach Ice Cream by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Peach BBQ Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peach Crumble Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Mini Peaches and Cream French Toast Casserole by Cookaholic Wife
- Peach Sorbet by Hardly A Goddess
- Halloumi Freekeh Peach Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Peach Tomato Salad with Herb Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Remember to pin for later!