This radicchio salad with roasted grapes and hazelnuts is an easy, tasty mix that makes a great side or light lunch. A great winter salad.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
As I mentioned when I shared my fennel citrus salad recently, this time of year doesn’t as naturally say salad. Sure, you can get your typical summer salad ingredients, but they tend to not taste as good at this time of year being out of season locally.
But as the weather gets warmer, this radicchio salad with roasted grapes and hazelnuts is a great solution. It’s a simple mix of more seasonal ingredients with a delicious feta honey dressing that really tops it off.
I don’t know about where you are, but the weather here has been all over the place recently. Apparently we had a record low for this time of the year over the weekend and a record high only a week or so ago. As I was looking at pots from last year, though (like the roasted asparagus and short rib ragu), it seems this is more typical than it feels.
I worry for our poor plants, but on the upside, it forces us to eat a bit more variety, I think. Sometimes we want comfort food, like the chipotle chili we had at the weekend, but we’ve also been enjoying some lighter seafood.
How to make this radicchio salad
This salad is really easy to make and full of robust flavors. The only thing that takes any time is roasting the grapes, but you can do them ahead of time and it’s all hands off. Radicchio can get a bit of a poor deal by being reserved for adding color to salads, but it’s worth appreciating.
Yes, it does have a sharper taste than your average salad green, but that’s why I’ve paired it with sweet grapes and a slightly sweet, creamy dressing. It’s the dressing I used for my chicken and blueberry salad and works so well here too. Add in some crunchy, savory hazelnuts and you have a great little mix.
Easy to make, colorful, and with a tasty mix of flavors, this radicchio salad with roasted grapes and hazelnuts makes a great side salad or light lunch. Why not brighten up your plate with it’s flavors.
Try these other salads perfect for winter:
- Winter fattoush
- Fennel citrus salad
- Winter beet salad with goat cheese dressing
- Plus get more winter recipes in the archives.
Radicchio salad with roasted grapes and hazelnuts
- 3 oz grapes 85g
- 2 oz radicchio leaves 55g
- 1 oz hazelnuts 28g skins rubbed off as much as possible
- 1/2 oz feta cheese 15g
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Toss the grapes in a little olive oil in a small roasting dish and roast approx 25min until soft and slightly shriveled but not overly squishy. Allow to cool - this step can be done ahead of time.
- Roughly tear the radicchio leaves and top with the grapes and hazelnuts. (Note you can dry roast the hazelnuts if you like - skins will rub off more after toasting.)
- Break up the feta, add the lemon, olive oil and honey and blend until smooth then pour over the salad.
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline’s Cooking Amazon store.
Remember to pin for later!