This strawberry quinoa salad is bright, easy to make, and perfect to pack for a potluck or lunch box, whether on it’s own or as a side.
Now that the days are getting warmer and longer, I’m full on in salad mode, particularly at lunchtime. I’m not really one for plain greens with a couple additions, except as a side to a main meal, but for lunch prefer something that little heartier and more interesting, like my feta Israeli couscous salad with fruit and herbs, or Niçoise-style French lentil salad.
This strawberry quinoa salad with feta, almonds and parsley fits right in there. It’s relatively light, but filling too. Plus it’s easy to make and with a nice mix of flavors and textures.
As you might have seen me mention before, we’re pretty big fans of strawberries in our house, and enjoy both the local ones in early summer and Florida ones in winter. While strawberries are delicious on their own, they also make a great ingredient and not just in sweet dishes.
I’ve incorporated them in a whole range of dishes, from my spring salad and strawberry spinach feta salad to strawberry bundt cake, dessert gnocchi with balsamic strawberry sauce and strawberry rhubarb crisp.
This strawberry quinoa salad is a delicious, easy way to enjoy them as a side or lunch dish. Try it alongside grilled meats, for example, or pack it for a picnic. The only thing you need to cook here is the quinoa, which you can do ahead of time, then you simply chop a few things up, shake up the dressing and bring it all together.
Between the sweet strawberries, smooth creamy feta, crunchy almonds and wholesome quinoa, this strawberry quinoa salad is sure to brighten your plate. It’s a delicious, satisfying and versatile salad. How will you enjoy it first?
Enjoy quinoa? Try these other tasty dishes:
- Caprese quinoa salad
- Cuban quinoa bowl with grilled sweet potato and avocado mango salsa
- Raw beet quinoa salad
- Leftover steak and quinoa bowl.
Plus get more side dishes recipes in the archives.
Strawberry quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa 180g, I used tricolor here but any kind is fine
- 1 lb strawberries 450g
- 4 oz feta 115g
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley a small bunch
- 1/2 cup almond slices 8tbsp
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup orange juice 120ml
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed or finely chopped
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Save a few strawberries of similar size to decorate the plate, then cut the rest into quarters, halving larger ones as appropriate.
- Cut the feta into small dice.
- Put the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk, or into jar and shake together until blended.
- Put the quinoa in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Add the parsley and mix together.
- Add the strawberries, almonds and feta and gently mix them all through.
- Slice the reserved strawberries top to bottom and place around the edge of the plate to decorate. Serve.
I first shared the post strawberry quinoa salad on Sunday Supper Movement where I am a contributor.
Remember to pin for later!