Share a toast on a cold day with this warm pomegranate punch – made with pomegranate juice, wine and rum, it’ll warm you from within!
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
I’ve been thinking about sharing a drink recipe for a while now, and I knew that as it was getting colder I wanted to share another warm cocktail, like the warm spiced cranberry cocktail I made last year. I know it’s kind of obvious that warm drinks warm you on a warm day, but a warm cocktail does that even more so.
I’ve called this warm pomegranate punch but I guess you could also call it a kind of pomegranate mulled wine. Whatever you call it, it’s a tasty mix that will warm you from within.
I suspect there are many people would happily toast the end of the week/start of the weekend or those who served given the fact it’s Veterans Day/Remembrance Day today. Whatever your reason, if it’s getting colder where you are, as it is here, this warm pomegranate punch is a great choice. It’s incredibly easy to make, and great whether you are serving one or many.
How to make this warm pomegranate punch
This warm pomegranate punch is simply pomegranate juice, red wine, rum and a little sugar. I’ve warmed them with a little star anise and cinnamon to give a slight spice, but to be honest, you can live without that if you like. The wine and pomegranate alone give a great slightly sweet-sharp flavor.
The quantities are for one glass, but you can easily multiply up for a larger group. You’ll just need to warm it a little longer the more you have.
Easy to make, with a lovely sweet-sharp flavor, this warm pomegranate punch is the perfect toast for a cold day. In fact, I might need another later.
Try these other warming drinks:
- Gluhwein (German mulled wine)
- Sujeonggwa (Korean cinnamon tea)
- Warm spiced cranberry cocktail (or mocktail)
- Plus get more drinks recipes in the archives.
Warm pomegranate punch
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice 80ml
- 1/3 cup red wine 80ml, I used Rioja but any should be fine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick optional
- 1/2 star anise optional
- 1 oz rum 30ml, white or as you prefer
- Put the pomegranate juice, wine and sugar in a small pan with the cinnamon and star anise, if using, and warm gently over a medium-low heat. Don't let t boil or simmer, just warm gently, infuse a little and dissolve the sugar.
- Add the rum, strain out the cinnamon and star anise then serve.
Remember to pin for later!