Meyer lemon cookies
Buttery, with a delicious citrus flavor, these cookies melt in your mouth.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 3 tbsp butter 45g
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1tbsp all purpose flour 45g plain flour (I also made them with wholewheat pastry flour which comes out a little darker but still tastes great)
- 2 tbsp corn starch cornflour
- 1/2 tbsp Meyer lemon zest (approx 1/2 a Meyer lemon)
- 1/2 tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar icing sugar
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon juice plus a few gratings of zest
Cream together the butter and sugar so they are well combined but not overly soft.
Add the rest of the cookie ingredients (flour, corn starch, Meyer lemon zest and juice) and mix. You may need to press it together by hand to get it to stick, but also try not to over work the dough. Press it into a small log, wrap with cling wrap/film and chill for approx 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and line a baking sheet/tray with parchment or a cookie sheet.
Remove the dough from the fridge ad carefully cut into slices and lay them on the lined baking sheet, with a bit of space between them.
Bake for approx 15 minutes until they are just starting to brown a little around the edge. Remove from the oven ad allow to cool completely before moving or glazing.
For the gaze, blend together the sugar, juice and zest. Either spread a little in the middle of each cookie, as I have, or you could pipe over them too. Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 6mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2.7% | Vitamin C: 1% | Calcium: 0.1% | Iron: 1.4%