Oatmeal carrot halva
A cross between the Indian dessert halwa and your typical stovetop oatmeal, this is a creamy, hearty tasty bowlful.
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 carrot medium, finely grated - approx ¼ cup
- 1 cup milk 240ml, or almond milk
- 2 cardamon pods
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or to taste
- slivered almonds or pistachios to serve
Put oats, carrots, milk and cardamon pods in a small pan. Bring to boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the milk has reduced down and almost no liquid, around 15-20mins in all.
Add ground almonds and sugar, and serve.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 615mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 10585IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 325mg | Iron: 1.6mg