Slow cooker pineapple chicken curry
Easy to make, this curry is gently sweet and comforting.
- 1 ½ lb chicken 675g, boneless thighs, breast or a mix
- 1 shallot large, or ¼ onion
- 2 tsp garlic crushed/grated
- 1 ½ tsp ginger
- 20 oz crushed pineapple in pineapple juice 567g - 1 can
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp chili powder or up to 1tsp, or 1-2 fresh chilis, to taste
- ¾ cup coconut milk 180ml, divided
- ¼ cup shredded coconut 20g, desicated - unsweetened
Dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Grate the shallot/onion and finely grate the garlic and ginger. Add them along with the pineapple, spices and ½cup of coconut milk into the slow cooker and mix. Add the chicken and mix so that the chicken is covered by the sauce. Cook on low for around 5 hours.
After it has cooked and cooled slightly, add the remaining coconut milk and the shredded coconut.
Suggested served over rice.
Calories: 573kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 17.4mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 4mg