Creamy lemon chicken pasta bake
This creamy lemon chicken pasta bake can be served either as a bake with a cheesy crust or made as a quicker, creamy dish. Either way, it's filled with delicious comfort factor!
Servings: 3 approx
- 8 oz pasta 225g (I used penne but as you prefer)
- 8 oz chicken 225g (white or brown meat fine)
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ lemon zest (ie from ½ lemon)
- 2 tbsp tarragon chopped fresh
- ½ cup cream 120ml (suggest heavy/double but as you prefer)
- 2 oz spinach 55g (2 cups, fairly well packed), roughly chopped if larger leaves
- 4 oz mozzarella 112g, cut/broken into small pieces (omit if not baking)
- ¼ cup parmesan 10g (approx, omit if not baking)
If you will be making into a bake, preheat oven to 400F/200C.
Set the pasta to cook according to packet instructions. Drain once al dente and set aside.
Meanwhile, dice the chicken into a small bite-sized dice. Melt half the butter in a medium skillet/frying pan and cook the chicken until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the rest of the butter to the skillet and soften the onion and garlic.
Deglaze the pan with the wine, add the lemon juice and zest, tarragon and cream. Warm but don't boil the sauce.
Wilt the spinach in the sauce and add back the chicken.
Add the cooked pasta, mix through and remove from heat.
You can serve at this point, or else to make as a bake, add the mozzarella, mix through and transfer to baking dish. Top with parmesan and bake for approx 20 minutes until lightly brown on top.
Calories: 783kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 493mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2950IU | Vitamin C: 13.3mg | Calcium: 372mg | Iron: 2.8mg