Pasta alla Norma
This pasta dish could hardly be easier, but it's veggie-packed, satisfying and delicious.
- 1.125 lb eggplant aubergine (1 large - approx 1lb 2oz/500g)
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil (or a little more if needed)
- 23.5 oz jar Prego's Farmers' Market® tomato & basil sauce
- 1 lb pasta 450g, as you prefer - I used rigatoni which works well
- 2 oz ricotta salata 55g (or feta if not available)
Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
Dice the eggplant into approx ½in/1cm dice by cutting it in to slices then cutting each slice into cubes. Put them on a baking sheet/tray or in a baking dish and drizzle over the olive oil. Try to drizzle lightly so you don't get a few cubes absorbing all the oil. Toss then bake for approx 20-25min until cooked. Turn them once or twice gently as they cook.
Meanwhile, boil water to cook the pasta and cook it following the packet instructions.
Drain the pasta then warm the tomato & basil sauce, add the pasta and cooked eggplant and mix well.
Serve the pasta with a little ricotta salata/feta crumbled over the top.
Calories: 674kcal | Carbohydrates: 109g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 647mg | Potassium: 1092mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1090IU | Vitamin C: 10.8mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 2.8mg