Mexican chopped salad
This salad is a simple mix of ingredients, a delicious balance of crunch, freshness and flavors.
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce approx, sliced
- 1 cup black beans approx 180g
- 1 cup corn approx 160g
- 1 cup jicama , diced = approx 150g
- 1 tomato , diced (med/large)
- 1 avocado , peeled and diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful cilantro/coriander leaves , finely diced
- salt and pepper
Slice and dice the ingredients needing cut up as above then put the lettuce, beans, corn, tomato and avocado in a bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, oil and salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped cilantro and mix well then pour over the salad and mix well but carefully so you don't break things up, then serve.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5310IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2.3mg