Steak taco salad wonton cups
All your favorite flavors of a taco salad in a crisp-shelled, bite-size form.
Servings: 12 wonton cups
- 12 wonton wrappers
- ½ teaspoon garlic pepper or ¼teaspoon each of ground pepper and garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ lb steak 225g, suggested sirloin but as you prefer
- 1 teaspoon butter 2g, approx
- 1 cup shredded lettuce approx 4 large leaves
- ½ tomato medium-large, diced
- ¼ pepper red, yellow or orange as you prefer, diced
- 2 tablespoon black beans
- 5 steam cilantro/coriander leaves only
- ½ tablespoon lime juice approx
- ½ tablespoon olive oil approx
- ½ avocado diced
Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
Press the wonton wrappers into the holes of a cupcake/muffin tin. If your tin is not non-stick, you might want to brush with oil underneath. Use one wonton wrapper per hole. Note don't use a mini muffin tin as they will be too small. Brush the wonton wrappers lightly with olive oil. Bake for approx 8-10min until they are golden brown and crisp. Set aside to cool.
Mix together the garlic pepper, salt and cumin and rub it all over the steak. Melt a little butter in a hot skillet/frying pan and cook for a few minutes each side. (Exact time will depend how well done you want it and how thick the steak is, from around 2-6min per side.) Remove the steak from the pan and allow to rest while you mix up salad.
Put the lettuce, tomato, pepper, black beans and cilantro in a bowl. Drizzle over the lime and olive oil and mix. Once partly mixed, add the avocado and mix through.
Spoon the salad into the crisped wonton cups. Slice the steak thinly (removing any fat/sinew as you go) and place a slice or two on top of each wonton cup.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.8mg