Mango jicama slaw
A simple combination that's fresh and summery. A great addition to tacos or as a side to grilled dishes and more.
Servings: 2 or more
- 1 cup cabbage shredded, approx 80g
- 1 cup jicama peeled and julienned, approx 100g
- ½ mango small, thinly sliced, approx ½cup, 75g
- 2 tablespoon cilantro coriander, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1 ½ tablespoon lime juice approx ½ lime
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil or canola
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon grated garlic (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Finely shred the cabbage and julienne the peeled jicama and mango. Roughly chop the cilantro/coriander. Place all ingredients in a bowl
Add the lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to a small jar. Cover with a lid and shake to blend well. Alternatively, you can put all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
Pour the dressing over the slaw ingredients and toss to combine well, trying not to break up the mango. Serve as a side/in tacos as you prefer.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg