This crab pasta is a ridiculously easy and tasty combination.
Servings: 2 -4
- 8 oz pasta 225g, recommend wholewheat spaghetti/thin spaghetti or linguini
- 8 oz crabmeat 225g, or one large dressed crab
- 1 handful parsley small
- 1 clove garlic or 2, depending on size (or more to taste - this isn't that strong)
- 3 tbsp olive oil approx, or butter/a mixture
- a couple shakes of red pepper flakes optional
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions - would recommend slightly al dente.
Meanwhile, remove the leaves from the parsley and roughly chop, and peel and finely dice the garlic.
Drain the pasta and dry the pan then add 2 tbsp olive oil (or 1tbsp each of butter and oil) and cook the garlic for a minute until you can see it is softening but not browning.
Remove pan from the heat and add back the pasta, add the parsley and crab and a bit more oil and mix everything so the garlic, crab and parley are well distributed through the pasta. Add a little more oil if needed to loosen it.
Serve with a little red pepper flakes sprinkled on top (optionally).
This pasta is an authentic Italian pasta that we have enjoyed and I recommend (affiliate link, meaning we'd earn commission on any purchases, but we genuinely loved it!)
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1544mg | Potassium: 606mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 685IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2.1mg