Vietnamese chicken salad
Easy to make, packed with flavor and crunch, this salad is a great lunch (and perfect way to use up leftovers).
Servings: 2 or more
- 1 chili or more to taste - green or red are fine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ lime juice and zest ie from ½ lime, about 2tbsp juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 ½ cups cabbage 220g, shredded
- 1 ½ cups carrots 145g, grated
- 2 cups cooked chicken 210g, shredded, or can use leftover turkey too
- ¾ oz mint 7g (1 small box) leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 1 shallot large, sliced (or approx ¼ red onion), optional
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts drizzled on top
Deseed and finely chop the chili then mix it with the sugar, lime juice and zest, oil and fish sauce in the bottom of a large bowl until combined.
Add the cabbage, carrots, chicken, mint and shallot (if using) to the bowl and mix well so the dressing covers everything and it is well mixed.
Serve ideally immediately, topped with some roasted peanuts if you like.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 1647mg | Potassium: 983mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 16690IU | Vitamin C: 46.9mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 3.6mg