This grilled chicken and blueberry salad is healthy, easy to make & full of delicious flavors from the lemon-feta dressing to berries & nuts. Perfect for lunch.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
Around this time of year, I start to tend towards lighter things for lunch. While I like salads, I am not a huge fan of plain greens (although my super green kale salad is an exception).
That said, I am a fan of simple and easy, just interesting, and that’s definitely the case with this grilled chicken and blueberry salad with lemon-feta dressing. It’s one delicious, healthy and colorful salad that makes the most amazing lunch.
Bring on the cheese!
We’re a bit of a cheese-loving family, as you might have seen, and I do like a little in salads. Whether it’s just a little as in my grilled nectarine and arugula salad, or more obviously like the goat’s cheese toasts in my spring salad, I definitely feel it adds something. It’s also a great ingredient in dressings, like the goat’s cheese dressing on my winter beet salad.
This lemon-feta dressing might be my favorite cheese-filled dressing so far. In fact this dressing is so good I think I’m going to have to put it on everything the next week or so until I’m sick of it, if that happens. It also pairs perfectly with everything else in this salad, from the juicy berries to the crunchy walnuts.
How to make this grilled chicken and blueberry salad
This grilled chicken and blueberry salad is so easy to make.
- Grilling the chicken, until cooked through – this can be done ahead.
- Whisk up the dressing until blended.
- Chop the lettuce, chicken and avocado and layer over the arugula, along with the walnuts and blueberries.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
You can grill extra chicken to make it a few times during the week, and if you put the dressing in a separate container, it makes a great salad to take with you to work or on a picnic too. Blueberries are naturally very good for you, hence being called a superfood, and so with all the other ingredients in this salad, it’s got pretty much everything you could need to fill you up but in a good way.
As the weather is increasingly better, I know I’m going to be thinking salads for lunch more and more, and this grilled chicken and blueberry salad is most definitely going in to regular rotation.
The flavors and textures all work so well together and it’s got sweetness, savory, crunch and squishiness. Delicious, satisfying, easy and with plenty great ingredients – there are so many reasons to love this.
Enjoy salads that work as a meal? Try these!
- Vietnamese chicken salad
- Maple soy marinated steak salad
- Roasted spring vegetable farro salad
- Thai beef salad (nam tok)
- Plus get more lighter meal ideas in the lunch recipes archives.
Grilled chicken and blueberry salad with lemon-feta dressing
- 2 handfuls arugula rocket
- 1/4 cup walnuts 32g
- 1/2 cup blueberries 80g
- 1/4 apple (large)
- 1/4 avocado or 1/2 small
- 1 small chicken breast or 1 large tender, grilled until cooked through (I used a griddle pan but can also do on grill/bbq; you can uses pre-cooked as well but home-grilled has a better flavor)
For the dressing
- 1 oz feta 30g
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Place the arugula in a bowl and scatter over the walnuts, broken into pieces if not already small along with the blueberries.
- Core the apple, slice relatively thinly and cut the slices into small pieces. Cut the avocado into chunks and slice the cooked chicken once it has cooled. Scatter all on top of the arugula etc.
- Crumble the feta and whisk together with the lemon juice, olive oil and honey until fairly smooth. Pour/spoon over the salad and serve.
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline’s Cooking Amazon store.
Remember to pin for later!