This individual no bake mango pie is a super easy dessert that comes together in no time. With hardly any ingredients, it's tasty & that bit healthier too.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
When I saw there was going to be a blog hop for Pi(e) Day, I couldn't let the opportunity go, but I had a hard time deciding what to make. I've already shared a classic pumpkin pie, a healthier twist on sweet potato pecan pie and various others. Sweet or savory, baked or not? Too many choices...
In the end I decided to make this individual no bake mango pie and it has a lot going for it. It's a super easy dessert that comes together in no time, there are hardly any ingredients and it's healthier than many. Plus you can vary it a little to taste as well. In other words, lots of reasons to try it.
What is Pi day?
Pi Day for those who don't know is taking the fact that today's date, by the American way of writing dates, is 3.14 so the number of the mathematical number Pi. At some point or another, people have taken it as an excuse to make and eat pie, which isn't such a bad idea really.
The definition of pie in the US is a bit broader than what I am used to as a Brit - true we call some things like shepherd's pie and fish pie pies and there's not even pastry in there, but otherwise pies tend to have a pastry top at least, but usually bottom too.
In the US it's almost more the other way round - the classics like pumpkin pie are what I would tend to call a tart with pastry only on the bottom. You might still see tarts here, like the walnut crumble-topped apple tart and peach and pistachio tart I shared, as well as galettes (like my blueberry galette and chard and parsnip galette). All might loosely be considered pies. I think for Pi day, anything goes!
As I mentioned, this no bake mango pie is really quick and easy to make. All you do is crush some ginger snap cookies, mix with melted butter then press that into mini pie dishes. Puree the mango and mix it with some Greek yogurt and pour it in. You can see quite how easy it is in the short video.
This is a pie that can have a few variations - why not use mascarpone or cream cheese instead of yogurt (or half and half) for a richer filling (though not quite as healthy)? You may want to sweeten it a little depending on how sweet and ripe your mango is, so you can add some sugar or honey if you like. Some similar recipes use gelatin to firm it up, if that's something you would prefer. You can also use frozen mango for more of an ice-cream like version. If you don't have ginger snaps, you could use graham crackers but I think the ginger goes much better. In fact, you could go for an extra ginger zing with some crystalized ginger mixed into the filling.
However you adapt this mango pie, it's going to be delicious. Full of fresh fruity flavor, it's also easy as pie. (Sorry, couldn't resist)
Try these other easy no-bake desserts:
- Strawberry tiramisu
- Lime mascarpone cheesecake shooters
- Peach panna cotta
- Plus get more ideas in the desserts recipes archives.
Individual no bake mango pie
- 3 ½ oz ginger snap cookies 100g ginger nut biscuits
- 1 ¾ tbsp unsalted butter 25g
- 5 ½ oz mango 150g, approx - ½ large (weight flesh only)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt 120ml
- Crush the ginger snaps either in a food processor or put them in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Melt the butter and mix into the crumbs. Tip into two individual pie moulds and press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Remove mango flesh from the skin and puree (with food processor/blender). Add the yogurt and mix together. Optionally add a little sugar/honey to sweeten, to taste, and/or some finely chopped crystalized ginger. Pour the mixture into the crumb bases.
- Note - see above for other variation ideas.
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline's Cooking Amazon store.
See all the other pies being shared today:
- Cherry Cream Cheese Pie by Frugal Pantry
- Chicken Pot Pie with Puff Pastry by Family Around the Table
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Coconut Cream Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crust by I Say Nomato
- Coconut Macaroon Pie by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Drunken Cherry Vanilla Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Gluten-Free Matcha-Chocolate Pie by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Matcha Buttermilk Pie by All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Pi Pie by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Savory Spinach and Cheese Pie by Cooking With Carlee
- Taco Pie by Tip Garden
- Tomato Cheddar Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Remember to pin for later!