This mango and strawberry overnight oats makes a great light breakfast - perfect for warmer weather. Deliciously smooth, creamy, fresh & fruity. And so easy to make!
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
When the weather is warmer, I love having colder, lighter breakfasts. And this mango and strawberry overnight oats is perfect: cool, fresh and thoroughly delicious. Plus it's really easy to make and healthy.
I used to be a bit of a purist and think the more traditional Bircher muesli was the only way to go, but this has well and truly reformed me to think beyond that (and I've since made some delicious orange overnight oats too).
How to make mango strawberry overnight oats
Unlike bircher muesli where I used apple juice to soak the oats, here I wanted a creamier texture so I used milk instead. If you're looking for a dairy-free option then I'd suggest maybe almond milk.
After leaving the oats to soak overnight, all you need to do in the morning is puree the mango, chop up the strawberries and mix it up. You can make the mango puree ahead of time as well, but I think the flavor is best if mixed in shortly before eating.
You can add a little yogurt for extra creaminess, if you like, but it will be perfectly delicious without too. If you want to cut down on utensils, you can also just chop the mango small as well.
Breakfast was something I never used to bother about all that much. As a school kid, I pretty much ate a banana each morning that was sometimes swapped for toast as a student, but there was little variety.
However I think particularly getting in to brunch when I lived in New York and having things like eggs Royale and French toast got me to enjoy it. Now particularly with kids, I like to make different things and make sure we get a good start to our day.
Having tasty breakfasts like this definitely helps to have in the mix. True, you have to think about it a little the night before, but my brain works better then anyway. And it's a good trade off to start the day with something so delicious, healthy and both light and sustaining at the same time. This is certainly one we'll be enjoying a lot more, I know.
Try these other easy and tasty breakfasts:
Mango and strawberry overnight oats
- ½ cup old fashioned oats 50g, rolled oats
- ½ cup milk 240ml, a little under is fine; use dairy-free alternative as suits
- ½ mango small
- 3 strawberries approx
- 1 tablespoon yogurt optional, or a little more to taste
- The night before, put the oats in a bowl and pour over the milk. Cover and leave to soak, refrigerated, overnight.
- Shortly before eating, blend the mango to a puree (or just chop small) and chop the strawberries into small chunks. You can blend the mango ahead of time and refrigerate, but I'd suggest best to only mix in shortly before eating.
- Stir the yogurt, strawberries and all but around 1 tablespoon of the mango puree through the soaked oats. Top with the remaining mango puree and serve.
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline's Cooking Amazon store.