Only 3 ingredients, a couple minutes and you’ve got a beautiful, bubbling glass perfect for any occasion. Make a persimmon apple cider mimosa your go-to seasonal cocktail.
There’s something about champagne or other sparkling wines that just feels a bit special, right? Of course with true champagne, I suspect part of that is the price tag, but there are lots of other similar drinks (like cava as I used in my cava sangria) that are just as good these days for a much more reasonable price.
Whichever you go for, bubbles make a perfect drink for celebrating. Naturally, it’s great as it is but you can also make some great, simple sparkling cocktails like mimosas.
Actually whether this is a mimosa, traditionally made with orange juice and champagne, or a bellini, made with peach puree and prosecco, is a little up for debate as it’s kind of between the two. In both cases, they’re a great, easy cocktail for entertaining as they have all the best qualities:
- super easy to make
- a bit of fizz
- not too strong so you can enjoy them longer.
This persimmon apple cider mimosa is a wonderful seasonal twist on the traditional, using fresh persimmon and apple cider in place of orange juice (or peach, if you’re thinking bellini). It would be perfect to toast the New Year, enjoy over brunch or any excuse you come up with. By the way if you’re looking for another twist on the theme, try my strawberry bellini.
I love persimmons at this time of year, and the shorter fuyu persimmon are a great addition to things like a winter beet salad or made into an easy persimmon appetizer or persimmon ginger sorbet. I also keep meaning to bake with hachiya persimmon, the longer more acorn-shaped variety which will hopefully happen soon. The color and delicate flavor is also a lovely addition to these mimosas. True, it can settle out a little, which is partly why I I mixed the persimmon with apple cider which also goes well flavor-wise, but it’s still worth it in my mind.
Easy to make, delicately flavored and a festively cheerful color. These persimmon apple cider mimosas will brighten up any occasion.
Try these other cocktails perfect for the season:
- Cranberry whiskey sour
- Pomegranate mojito
- Spiked mulled apple cider
- Gluhwein (German mulled wine)
- Plus get more cocktail recipes in the archives.
Persimmon apple cider mimosa
- 2 persimmon , fuyu (the small tomato-like ones), giving approx 1 cup pulp
- 1 cup apple cider (unfiltered fresh apple juice)
- 1 bottle brut champagne or other dry sparkling wine
- Cut the persimmon in half and scoop out the flesh. Blend together the persimmon pulp with the apple cider until smooth.
- Put approx 3tbsp of the persimmon-apple mixture n the bottom of each glass. Top up with champagne and stir gently to mix. It will settle out a little as you drink, but gently stir/rotate glass to mix back in.
See these other ideas being shared today for your New Year’s party:
End of the Year Appetizers & Mains
- Butternut Squash Queso Fundido Dip by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cranberry Brie en Croute by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta by Pies and Plots
- Honey Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pan Roasted Veal Chops with Red Grapes by Cooking On The Ranch
Happy New Year Hors d’Oeuvres
- Salami, Cream Cheese, and Pepperoncini Roll-Ups by Positively Stacey
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Cups by Gourmet Everyday
- Thai Sausage Rolls by Sunday Supper Movement
- Three Cheese Pepperoni Bread by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings by Bites of Wellness
Remember to pin for later!