This apple beet ginger juice is easy to make, tasty and great for helping to perk you up if you are in need of a boost or trying to shake off a cold. And no juicer required.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. See more details in the policy page.
I've mentioned occasionally in the last couple weeks that I haven't been all that well. I seem to have the cold that just won't go away and it's now getting to be a bit of a drag.
Alongside all the headaches, sniffles and lack of energy, I haven't been able to smell for about ten days or more and while I think my tastebuds are compensating, it still impacts on your ability to taste. Plus you miss out on one of the best bits about cooking, smelling the goodness to come.
So, I've had to resort to some of my old favorites for trying to shake off a cold - some chicken soup (like Scotch broth and avgolemono soup), lots of fruit and this delicious healthy-feeling apple beet ginger juice.
How to make this coldbusting juice
It's incredibly easy to make, just give a bit of a chop to help things on their way (you may be able to skip this if you have a super powerful blender) then chuck it all in a blender.
The result is a tasty drink with a bit of a zing that really helps perk you up if you are feeling a bit under the weather or just otherwise need a boost.
I'm far from a dietician, but apples have good levels of vitamin C, good for your immune system, as does beetroot. Beetroot also has lots of other good things like iron and antioxidants, and ginger has anti-inflammatory qualities so combined they are pretty amazing for you.
See how it comes together in the short video!
I'm afraid given that I need to curl up again this is going to be a pretty short post, but I do highly recommend you give this apple beet ginger juice a try, it is one of those things that is both tasty and feels like it is good for you as you are drinking it, which it is. I might just have to make some more later....
Try these other easy drinks:
- Cranberry smoothie
- Watermelon coconut agua fresca
- Hibiscus tea, agua de jamaica (serve either hot or cold)
- I also like the sound of this immunity boosting carrot orange juice from Choosing Chia as another drink to help this time of year.
- Plus get more drinks recipes in the archives.
Apple beet ginger juice
- 1 cup apple juice 250ml, fresh rather than from concentrate
- ½ cup cooked beet 82g, approx ½ medium beetroot, diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely diced or grated, approx ½in/ 1cm peeled root
- Put the apple juice, chopped beets and finely chopped or grated ginger in a blender and blend on high for a minute or two until all the pieces are chopped up and mixed through.
- Serve immediately.
See some of my favorite cooking tools and ingredients in the Caroline's Cooking Amazon store.