If you were to think what screams refreshing on a summer day, I imagine a nice cold glass of lemonade or a slice of watermelon are high on the list. But why not go one step better with this deliciously refreshing watermelon lemonade? Easy, pretty and tasty, it’ll be your go-to all summer long.
We are a family of watermelon lovers and usually have some in the fridge throughout the summer. Whenever we have friends over for a barbecue, as is often the case for Memorial Day and other summer Holidays, we make sure to have a big bowl of it to snack on. The kids in particular dive in, but it’s popular with everyone, being so refreshing and tasty.
In fact, when my eldest son had his first birthday we got a huge watermelon and sliced it up to add to the food table. My mother in law was convinced we’d have some leftover, but not at all. The kids in particular kept coming back for another slice in between splashing in the water and playing games.
I’ve used watermelon in a great fruit, herb and feta Israeli couscous salad, watermelon sorbet and a watermelon mojito. I remember sipping on watermelon martinis when I was in New York years ago, and may go down the cocktail route again more in due course.
For now, though, I’m glad I’ve found something the whole family enjoys in this wonderfully refreshing lemonade.
I made a papaya lemonade a while back and we loved it, and have meant to try another fruit lemonade since. Watermelon has such a wonderful freshness, as well as a great color, that it’s perfect for making a bright, light lemonade. We all immediately loved this and I know it’s going to be a regular on our table over the summer.
How to make watermelon lemonade
This drink comes together in no time as all you do is:
- Dice up the watermelon and blend it.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar and water and blend together.
- Chill until ready and pour over ice.
- Garnish with mint and enjoy.
Watermelon lemonade will be a great addition to your drink station throughout the summer. It’s easy to make, fresh and with a wonderful flavor. Make sure you try some soon!
Watermelon lemonade is a colorful, delicious twist on classic lemonade. Easy, refreshing and tasty.
- 2 cups watermelon (diced)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 4 tbsp/60ml
- 1 1/2 cups water 360ml
- 3 tbsp sugar (or more/less to taste)
- mint & ice for serving
Put the watermelon cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
Add the lemon juice, water and sugar and blend until well combined. Chill until needed.
Gently stir before serving over ice, garnished with mint.
See these other ideas for today’s Foodie Extravaganza, celebrating fruit and vegetable month:
- Farmers’ Market Walk + Chilled Cantaloupe Soup with Preserved Lemon-Herb Salsa by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fresh Fruit Tart with Orange Curd by My Pinterventures
- Fresh Strawberry Salsa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Fried Onion Strings by Family Around the Table
- Fruity Rice Paper Rolls by Sneha’s Recipe
- Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum) by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Ratatouille by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Shaved Asparagus Pizza with Brie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spring Minestrone by Food Lust People Love
- Watermelon Lemonade by Caroline’s Cooking (you’re here!)
Try these other refreshing drinks for summer:
Remember to pin for later!